Hall Road Academy is a very special learning environment serving the communities of North Hull. Our pupils are engaging, take a pride in their work and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are looking to recruit 2 committed HLTA to provide support to our students in order to raise standards of achievement in the Academy by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes. The successful candidate will also need to possess the ability to encourage students to become independent learners, by providing support for their welfare and inclusion in all aspects of Academy life.
To support us with our vision we are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) who:
- Has excellent English and Maths skills (GCSE English/Maths A*-C) or equivalent.
- Has experience of working in a school environment and has confidence and experience of working with young people.
- Has the ability to use their own initiative and a positive attitude towards school life and procedures
- Is committed to supporting student learning and good behaviour
- Has experience of working with pupils on a one to one basis or in small groups
- Has knowledge and understanding of pupil’s needs
- Is able to liaise effectively with teachers and other staff about the progress of pupils within the lessons taught;
- Is a well organised and proactive team player who will make a positive contribution to our Academy
- Has a passion for their job
- Has high expectations and is ambitious for their pupils
In return we can offer you:
- A culture where we will encourage you to be enterprising, forward thinking and play an active part in our school improvement
- Committed teams of staff at all levels
- Friendly and talented pupils
- Caring staff who work well as a team
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive governing body
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Thursday 06 June 2019
Interviews will take on Thursday 13 June 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.