Hours - Term Time only plus 5 days. 37 hours per week.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated Higher Level Teaching Assistant – someone who has that extra-something and will join us in our drive for excellence!
This role will provide opportunities for you to work with our fabulous pupils from across the whole primary range.
The main responsibilities of this post at The Elland Academy.
1) To plan, prepare and deliver a specific range of learning activities to groups or classes of children across the primary/KS3 range, maintaining high levels of educational standards.
2) To plan, prepare and deliver a specific range of learning activities to groups or classes of children across the primary range, maintaining high levels of educational standards.
3) To monitor and evaluate the progress of selected groups or classes of pupils using agreed assessment strategies.
4) To manage the support staff in the class where the delivery of lessons is taking place.
5) To run primary interventions including Lifeboat, Numicon, Scissor skills, Skill teach, Key words/sight vocabulary, Fit to learn and/or other fine and gross motor skills programmes, Social skills/social time
The successful applicant will have:
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills - GCSE at C+ or equivalent in Maths and English
• the ability to support pupils across the whole curriculum
• an individual who seeks out and relishes professional development challenges and has a positive attitude to innovation and change.
Visits to The Elland Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment through the academy, please contact the academy on 0113 2127010.
Closing Date: Thursday 7th June 2018 at 12 noon
An application pack can be downloaded from www.recruitment.deltatrust.org.uk
or by contacting our recruitment team on 0345 196 0095
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.