33 hrs per week, term time plus 1 week
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to deliver bespoke English and Maths intervention. This role has been created following a comprehensive review of our provision for Pupil Premium students, specifically addressing the needs of our KS3 learners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who wishes to be part of the success story of St Wilfrid’s. You would be joining a forward thinking Academy with an excellent team of staff, who along with fantastic students, inspire each other and all who come to visit. We aim to raise aspirations, realise potential and further the culture of developing successful teachers and well-rounded young people.
The successful applicant will:
· be a committed, highly-competent, reflective and resilient individual
· have a sense of humour and good interpersonal skills
· have excellent communication skills
· strive to be an outstanding practitioner in the classroom
St Wilfrid’s is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England Mark 2 Academy, committed to providing an excellent education, both academic and social, within a Christian context. It is located close to the Ribble Valley and has excellent road links with the M6, M61 and M65.
· an Academy where results exceed the national average
· highly resourced with purpose-built facilities
· a caring community where standards are high and students thrive
· an Academy driven by strong values with a Christian ethos which permeates all levels.
This is an exciting time to join St Wilfrid’s. We are eager to invest in our staff to ensure we are outstanding in all we do.
For further information and informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit, please contact the Academy Mrs C Holt (PA to the Principal).
Closing date: noon on Monday 26th June 2017. Full details are available on the Academy website, or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact the Academy office on 01254 604000 who can provide an application pack.
Potential applicants should note that a full DBS check will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake training in the Academy’s Child Protection and safeguarding procedures on appointment.