Higher Level Teaching Assistant
28 hours per week, Term time only + 4 training days
£17,342 - £18,417 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting, Scale 6
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Work Pattern: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Start Date: January 2019 (fixed term contract until end of July 2019)
Field End Junior School is a unique and special place to work where the staff team is a wonderful group of people who arrive each morning ready to give their best to every child. The School has an individual identity that combines traditional values with a modern, vibrant and innovative vision.
The post involves covering classes, planning, delivering, and assessing learning to whole classes and cover during teachers’ PPA time. The successful candidate will support children in class as well as deliver intervention programmes for individuals and groups of children across the key stage.
There will also be some occasions when the HLTA will work under the direction of a class teacher to support quality-first teaching.
To support our development and vision, we are looking for someone who:
- Holds a HLTA qualification;
- Is enthusiastic, well organised and flexible;
- Is able to adapt;
- Is dedicated to provide the very best education for their pupils;
- Has a desire to promote high standards of pupil achievement;
- Is committed to inclusive education;
- Has a good sense of humour.
We, in return, we will offer:
- Support, guidance and training for continued professional development;
- The opportunity to support well behaved and motivated children;
- A friendly, dedicated and experienced team.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and highly recommended; please call to make an appointment through the school office on 020 8866 8752.
CLOSING DATE: 07 December 2018 - NOON
INTERVIEW DATE: 13 December 2018
CVs will not be accepted
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.