About the role:
High Hazels Academy is a Good school in the heart of the Darnall community. We are friendly, hard-working team and hope to appoint two enthusiastic and highly motivated higher level teaching assistants to work in our school.
At High Hazels Academy we prioritise the development of outstanding learning and teaching alongside wellbeing; both lie at the very heart of our ethos. In an environment in which all members of the school community are cared for, valued, and listened to, we support and challenge our students to aspire to be the very best that they can be enabling them to be responsible, capable and ambitious citizens. We have the highest expectations of our pupils and staff; we are very proud of pupils’ attainment across all key stages and of the dynamic and supportive learning community we have created.
We have 2 vacancies in our learning support team for people who have either experience or interest in supporting the development of our pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven record of good/outstanding practice in education.
- High expectations of children’s behaviour and attitudes in learning.
- The skills to teach whole classes across the primary age range.
- The ability to work in partnership, communicating effectively with children, parents, staff and governors.
- The ability to inspire and motivate children.
- Commitment to professionally develop.
- Experience of a range of inclusive approaches which will allow children with additional needs to enable them to thrive and make progress.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and work effectively as part of a team.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team to achieve excellence.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, delightful children who are eager to learn.
- A school with a strong reputation for its caring ethos.
- An excellent team of friendly, dedicated and highly skilled professionals.
- Positive, supportive parents and governing body.
- A commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff.
If you have the personal qualities and skills essential to meet the requirements of this post, we look forward to receiving your application. This post is available for one year in the first instance.
At High Hazels Academy we value and actively promote the diversity of our workforce. As such we encourage applications from candidates of all ethnicities, and we would also consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working.
High Hazels Primary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
High Hazels Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning) and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Wendy Gourlay, School Business Manager at Wendy.Gourlay@highhazelsacademy.org.uk or 0114 2442189.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link
Closing date: Thursday 9 December 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Week commencing 13 December 2021
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.