Sedgemoor Manor School, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 4NP
Hours: Approx 39 hours per week, term time only (Monday - Friday)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our specialist team.
As a HLTA, you will be a key member of our education support team, working closely with a specialist team of Teachers to deliver personalised curriculum packages that motivate and inspire our students.
- Classroom experience is essential, as you will be required to assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management and preparation of resources; occasionally you will also supervise whole classes
- The successful candidate will be a qualified Thrive practitioner, and will work closely with our Therapy team.
- Experience of supporting children with SLD and complex needs would be an advantage, as would experience of supporting and supervising other staff
- You must also be able to demonstrate a high degree of emotional resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Holding a full driving licence with three years driving experience would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning, social and independence activities and experiences, which enhance the learning and development of children and young people.
What's in it for you?
For amazing work we give amazing rewards:
- £1,000 monthly lotto
- Competitive salary with opportunities to develop your career
- 100’s of online discounts and cash back deals
- Cash for colleagues - Earn money for friends you recommend
- Company Pension Scheme and various salary sacrifice benefits
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
We look after your career too. With our career pathways you, like many of our staff, can go from support worker up to CEO level with guidance and learning supplied by us!
Sedgemoor Manor is a specialist day school registered for 45 young people who have needs associated with a diagnosis on the autistic spectrum/SPLD and are aged between 10 and 18 years. Our tailored approach means we are able to support young people with a wide range of learning difficulties. We accept that young people who are referred to us may have previously experienced a ‘cycle of failure’ and our aim is to have a transformational impact on their lives by them experiencing a ‘culture of success’. We support all young people to achieve successful outcomes so that they can progress to experience fulfilling and rewarding lives.
We offer bespoke packages of education and therapy for our young people. We strongly believe that some individuals will always struggle to ‘fit in’ to existing structures and will only thrive when their provision is tailored to their specific needs and circumstances.
We warmly welcome our students into our community, which is underpinned by a culture of outstanding relationships, nurture and unconditional high regard.
We are proud to offer a broad range of on-site therapy. Our therapy team includes a Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Counsellor/Art Therapist, Mindfulness Coach and we are embedding the Thrive Approach across the school.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.