OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
Our small and friendly team at our Nottingham Campus are seeking an experienced Higher-Level Teaching Assistant / Specialist LSA to join the team on a full time (TTO), permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated HLTA/ Specialist LSA to provide support for SEND students across KS2 and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Have full working knowledge of relevant current polices, codes of practice and legislation
- Have experience of working with children with complex learning needs
- Have working knowledge and experience of implementing national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes and strategies
- Understand statutory frameworks relating to teaching and SEND procedures
- Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards of equivalent qualification or experience (NVQ Level 4/5) and have Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths
- Have the ability to work constructively as part of a team and an understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Be a positive role model of professional practice and conduct of others
- Communicate and co-operate effectively and positively with specialists from outside agencies where applicable
- Set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
- Uphold and promulgate the OSG UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
- Supportive staff and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented specialist employees who work together to continually build upon our high standards
- On-going CPD with support from our Teaching Training Academy- our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
- This 1:1 role is to support a child with an Education, Health & Care Plan with complex physical / medical needs. (Meningomyelocele / Spina Bifida and associated conditions including Global Developmental Delay and intimate care needs)
- Provide support for all activities of daily living including eating, drinking
- To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned
- To enable her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area
- To work towards pupils individualised targets as set out within the EHCP, in liaison with the class teacher and LSCO
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This will involve joint-planning with teachers, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals / groups, or short term for whole classes across all year groups in the school (Year 3-13)
- Deliver specific time limited interventions in small groups or 1:1
- Monitor pupil’s progress and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil’s achievements, progress and development will be integral to this role
- To provide learning support within the context of our Self-Directed Learning Philosophy
- To fully engage in active participation in all staff meetings and CPD
- Build positive working relationships and links with parents
- Develop links with outside agencies who are working with the pupils
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
Please email email@example.com for an application pack or if you have any questions about the role.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 14th May 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
All Campuses within OneSchool Global UK are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
OneSchool Global UK Nottingham Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 7 - 18 years
OneSchool Global UK Nottingham Campus (formerly Focus School Long Eaton Campus) occupies aesthetically pleasing buildings of good quality with many specialist facilities. It is generously staffed with professional teachers who are all fully qualified...