Wingate School is seeking to recruit an energetic, flexible and dedicated History Teacher with the ability to teach other Humanities subjects. The successful candidate would embrace the role at our unique school, delivering a balanced and relevant teaching programme based on the British National Curriculum at KS3 and Edexcel IGCSE History syllabus.
Wingate School was recognised in our recent BSO Inspection as being “good and often excellent” with students exceeding well beyond expectations.
We are looking for a candidate to take this key role, one who has the ability to show initiative in delivering the curriculum and be part of a dynamic team who would continue our progress towards becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Utilise and further develop schemes of work in line with new curriculum and syllabus objectives
- Organise learning resources and the classroom learning environment
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children according to age, ability and aptitude
- Assess and record progress
- Challenge and inspire pupils to deepen their knowledge and understanding
- Work in a team of experienced teachers to develop and advance the new Humanities Department at Wingate School
- Be a year group tutor
Suitably experienced candidates and Newly Qualified colleagues should complete the online teachers’ application in the teaching vacancies area of the school website and submit this with an up to date CV, application letter and passport sized recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org please put History Post in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16 March though a suitable successful candidate may be appointed prior to this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Wingate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.