Ada Lovelace Church of England High School, Park View Road, Ealing W5 2JX is seeking to appoint a History, Geography & RE Teacher.
This role is suitable for NQTs and RQTs
As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust, Ada Lovelace CE High School offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for its teachers. The school, now in its third year, moved to its brand new permanent site in north Ealing in September 2020.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2023). Our oldest Year group started Year 9 in September 2020 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4. The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and they will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive Leadership Team
• A full-range of Trust services providing support and development
The successful candidate will have:
• A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach History, Geography and RE to GCSE
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
For more information about the school please visit the Twyford Trust and Ada Lovelace websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website to download a job description and an application form: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Closing date: 12pm, Wednesday 27 January 2021
Interview date: Tbc – week beginning 1 February 2021
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.
Ada Lovelace Church of England High School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years