Memorial International School of Tirana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified IGCSE/A-Level History teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a one-year, full-time post, with the possibility of renewal. A Head of Subject role may be available to a suitably experienced candidate.
We have an outstanding facility which provides a safe, nurturing environment for about 350 local and international student, fostering intellectual rigour and independent thinking, and promoting high standards, collegiality and an extremely strong sense of community. MIST offers the Cambridge International Curriculum from KG to Grade 12 in parallel with elements of the Albanian National Curriculum. Our school is well-resourced, with small classes and supportive management.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
Our ideal candidate will offer:
- A first or post-graduate degree in History and a relevant teaching qualification
- At least two years current experience in Humanities at IGCSE and/or A-Level (ideally CIE)
- Experience in international schools and multi-cultural settings
- Familiarity with best practice methodologies as they apply to teaching a diverse student body
- Experience and commitment to sponsoring extracurricular and after school activities
- The ability to work independently and methodically, while also contributing fully to a team
- NQTs may be considered
The post offers an opportunity for an ambitious teacher to step up to a significant role leading the History section and contributing substantially to the shaping of the Humanities programme at the only A-Level school in Albania.
Beautiful, safe and friendly Albania offers a very comfortable Mediterranean lifestyle and excellent opportunities to explore this corner of Europe. Full package details will be provided to interested candidates.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter and full CV, with details of all teaching experience and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.