TEACHER OF HISTORY
MPS/UPS Full Time
To start 1st September 2018
"This is a good school. Pupils are achieving well. Pupils are polite, friendly, wear their uniforms smartly and behave extremely well around school; strong teaching in maths and English." Ofsted June 2016
We wish to appoint an excellent teacher to join our history team. History results are good and improving further. Our Progress 8 is the best in the area at +0.63 and we are determined to ensure every student exceeds expectations.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to our work and benefit from an excellent environment, where teachers are encouraged to progress their careers with us.
Our new building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve. SJT is a very positive community, with our recent staff survey showing that over 97% of our staff enjoy coming to work and are proud to be part of our school. At SJT we view the professional development of all staff as a priority and our innovative ‘Learn Together’ initiative enables all staff to be on our outstanding teacher programme.
We are looking for a teacher who shares our drive and passion to inspire our students with their love of their subject and the motivation to ensure every student achieves through:
· Outstanding classroom practice and an ability to engage all young people.
· A commitment to contribute to our enrichment programme
· The ability to motivate students of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
· A passion and commitment to raise standards and achievement.
· The ability to work and contribute as part of a team.
· Commitment, resilience, patience, hard work and a good sense of humour.
· The willingness to do what it takes to achieve a goal.
The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Pride Respect Success’ whilst bringing fresh ideas that will build on current strengths and achievements. We welcome application from applicants at all stages of their career.
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed above.
For an application pack please:
· telephone 01282 682313
· or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· or download from the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
Closing date: 9am Monday 18th June 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.