History Teacher – Maternity Cover
Maternity Cover – 1 Year Contract
MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £39,406)
Required: April 2019
Eden Girls’ School is a high performing and inclusive school and we welcome applications from teachers of all faiths and none. We are part of a successful family of schools, run by the Star Academies. Eden Girls’ School, Coventry is a 11-18 Academy, which opened in September 2014. Our student numbers are increasing every year as we build up our capacity and this will continue over the coming years until we reach our maximum school roll of 800 students. We have already moved into a state of the art new build with an excellent facilities across all faculties which is another positive aspect of our school.
Our first cohort of Year 11 students achieved exceptional GCSE results in the summer 2018. Our Progress 8 score of +1.36 placed our school in 7th position in the country out of all the secondary schools. This is an amazing achievement for everyone in our team. Another headline figure achieved was that 67% of our students achieved GCSE Grades 9-5 in both English and Mathematics.
In 2017, our school was inspected by Ofsted for the first time since opening and we were graded ‘Outstanding’ in every category by the inspection team. This further highlights the hugely talented team we have in our school working in partnership with ambitious students and their families.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding History Teacher to join our team.
- have a degree
- be able to deliver History to GCSE
- be an ‘outstanding’ and highly committed teacher who is passionate about their subject and our learners
- be prepared to deliver after school enrichment programmes and contribute to wider school activities.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of ‘promoting a culture of educational excellence’’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- Is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please call 02476-220937
Closing date: Monday 18th February 2019
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.