Inspire their Remarkable with us
History is a popular subject at TTC, and the Department is present across both campuses. A variety of trips are run across all year groups, including trips to Normandy and Ypres. The History and department has been a member of the Prince’s Teaching Institute Schools Programme for the past eight years.
At KS3 History is taught in ability groups with access to a well-equipped Learning Resource Centre and computer room. At KS4, all students are required to choose an EBacc subject and History GCSE is a popular option, which is taken up by between around 50% of each cohort. Students are prepared for the Edexcel GCSE, studying options such as the Cold War, Nazi Germany, the Normans and Medicine over Time. At A-level, the department follows the AQA syllabus, delivering exam units on The Tudors and the Cold War.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of History with high expectations, strong classroom management skills, and excellent subject knowledge. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the department at an exciting time of its development.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing Date: Saturday 30 November 2019.
Start Date: January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.