OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Newry Campus for an experienced and interactive History Teacher to join the team on a full time, permanent basis to teach our students in KS3-KS4. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a degree or a similar History related qualification
• Possess recent experience of teaching History to students in KS2-KS5
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE History including exam specifications.
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• To ensure high quality teaching of Key Stage 3-4 Mathematics, with the potential to teach to Key Stage 5, enabling excellent rates of progress for all students
• To embed a culture of safeguarding within the classroom and wider school environment, demonstrating exceptional levels of care for students
• To ensure lessons, study and interventions are planned and delivered to meet the outcomes as set out in the OneSchool Global UK (OSGUK) Mathematics curriculum and the relevant GCSE, and Cambridge International A-Level Examination Board specifications
• To use technology skilfully, including Canvas, Zoom, DyKnow and Panopto to facilitate learning for all students
• To inspire and motivate all students of Mathematics to achieve at the highest levels by supporting the development of all learners
• To equip students with the transferable skills of time management, communication, literacy, numeracy, study skills, research, IT, problem solving and the effective use of technology
• To undertake other teaching responsibilities as required
• Holding Senior Leadership Team responsibilities, to ensure consistent support, direction and planning across the school
• To coordinate tracking and monitoring of the academic progress of students, and work with the other Progress Leads to enable all students to achieve their academic, personal and professional potential through excellent academic and pastoral care and communication with all stakeholders
• To undertake whole school responsibilities and oversight as part of the Teaching and Learning Team, jointly overseeing Quality Assurance, planning staff training including Inset and CPD events and line managing selected staff
• Oversight of other areas of responsibility within the campus and/or management of staff with day-to-day responsibilities
• Uphold and promulgate the OSGUK ethos within all areas of responsibility
• Contribute to, share in and promote the wider and longer-term vision of OneSchool Global
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the role.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Newry campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OneSchool Global UK Newry Campus occupies a completely refurbished building with many specialist facilities. It is generously staffed with professional teachers who are all fully qualified and experienced in their subjects. There are extremely positi...