Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic History Teacher to join our EBacc team. This post will be suited to both experienced teachers and NQT’s as we can provide you with support, development and fantastic career prospects.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for History
- Share our vision for fostering a love of lifelong learning, both for students and teachers
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Be able to monitor and effectively track pupil progress and put in place appropriate intervention
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
- Potential Teaching & Learning Responsibilities to the appropriately qualified applicant
Applicants are encouraged to contact the college if they feel they would benefit from an informal discussion.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 10th January 2022
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
Sir John Hunt CSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought for all shortlisted candidates and all shortlisted candidates will be requested to complete a questionnaire about any convictions or adult cautions that are unspent. Guidance will be given to those shortlisted.