HLTA Position with a focus on general class cover from Year 1 to Year 6
The Headteacher and Governors of William Bellamy Primary School are seeking to appoint a HLTA to join our hardworking, dedicated, inclusive team. We are looking for someone who will work under the guidance of teachers but can also use their initiative at times. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, creative and able to engage and inspire children.
William Bellamy is a large, vibrant and diverse 5 form entry primary school in East London. We have fantastic pupils, who are respectful and well behaved and are constantly striving to achieve their full potential. We work hard to ensure we create a very nurturing and supportive climate in our school in order to enable our talented pupils to flourish.
The post is to cover classes in KS1 and KS2 and support teaching and learning. The successful candidate will as part of their role be expected to cover classes on an ad hoc and regular timetabled basis. In addition, the successful applicant must be willing to work outside of the normal school day – i.e. to attend staff/team meetings.
The successful applicant will:
- Have HLTA status;
- Be an excellent practitioner;
- Experience of working within a school environment;
- Experience of delivering effective lessons;
- Have the ability to work independently;
- The skills to organise, lead and motivate a team, and work well as part of it;
- Excellent behaviour management skills;
- Have the knowledge and experience to teach across Key Stage 1 and 2, meeting the requirements of children with a wide range of needs and abilities;
- Be highly motivated, resourceful and keen to ensure the highest possible standard of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved;
- Have a vision for achieving excellence and an absolute belief in the potential of all children;
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to realise this vision;
- Be able to start in September 2018
We actively encourage candidates to visit our school. Please phone the school office to arrange an appointment.
Our school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and we implement all elements of the safer recruitment process.
If you are interested in joining us, please see our website http://www.williambellamy.co.uk/vacancies/ for application packs or contact the school office on 020 8270 6506.
Closing date: 22nd June 2018 at midday
Interviews: Week Beginning 25th June 2018
‘The Council operates a no smoking policy and offers a smoke free work environment’
William Bellamy Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people; this post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service undertaken on all applicants"
William Bellamy Primary School
Frizlands Lane, Dagenham. RM10 7HX
Tel: 020 8270 6506 / 6596