Are you considering a career in teaching? This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate wishing to prepare for initial teacher training.
Harry Gosling is a highly successful school in Whitechapel, East London. We believe in providing the very best for all our children by creating an aspirational, exciting learning community. We offer significant professional development opportunities for all our staff, wherever they are on your career path.
We are in our first year of soft federation with Stephen Hawking Primary School, a special school for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties. This enables the staff and children in both schools to grow and develop together and to learn from one another. It makes this year a particularly exciting time to join the school.
We are looking for a talented Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will provide cover across Key Stages 1 and 2. That person will:
• Have experience working in a school setting with some experience of covering whole classes
• Have a hunger for learning and personal growth
• Be highly motivated, reliable and flexible
• Have excellent communication skills and can build and maintain relationships across the school community
• Be able to work using their own initiative as well as work as part of a team
• Put children first and can inspire young children to become confident, enthusiastic learners
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children
• A tailored professional development package to support your growth in the role
• The opportunity to be supported through post-graduate teacher training
• Delightful children who are eager to learn
• A dedicated, supportive staff
• Involved parents and governors
• A friendly school community in an exciting area of London
Visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Harry Gosling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
For details about how to apply, please visit the school’s website - http://www.harrygoslingprimary.co.uk/information/vacancies - to download the application pack.
If you require any further information, or would like to visit the school, please contact us at email@example.com or 0207 481 1650 to book your place.
Please return your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting date: Monday 24th February 2020
Interview date: Monday 9th March 2020 (We will only notify shortlisted candidates)