HLTA – EHCP and Cover Supervisor
30.5 or 36 hours per week, term time only, 1 Year Temporary (from February, with potential to become permanent)
New Scale 6 (£28,752 - £29,796 pro rata)
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated HLTA to this new and exciting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational Teaching Assistant who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The position will include:
• Deputising for the Senior Teaching Assistant.
• Covering lessons for teachers in all subject areas.
• Supporting the Lead Practitioner in the co-ordination and management of the EHCP review process.
• Supporting the Lead Practitioner in the administration of the EHCP review process.
• Supporting the Lead Practitioner in ensuing EHCP legislation requirements are met (e.g. timeframes).
• Line manager for Woodlane Apprentice Teaching Assistants.
• Teaching Assistant to the Lead Practitioner.
Please see the job description for full details.
What we are seeking from our candidate:
• An exceptional Teaching Assistant seeking progression.
• A talented and influential Teaching Assistant, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement.
• A strong classroom practitioner who can follow and adapt (when necessary) lesson plans.
• Someone who demonstrates a high level of resilience.
• Someone with a passion to develop and support colleagues to consistently outstanding practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates, along with permission for the school to have access to the on-line checking service. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
For further information and an application pack please contact Brigid Simmons, School Business Manager on 020 8743 5668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020 - 9:30am
Shortlisting date: Friday 24th January 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 28th January 2020