Term Time plus 5 INSET days
32.5 hours per week
Grade 6 pro-rata (actual salary £19,843 - £22,682)
Required September 2017
‘There is an impressive array of training opportunities for staff’ Ofsted 2016
‘Values such as ambition, respect and kindness are publicised and promoted throughout the school. This has helped to improve student’s behaviour and attitudes of learning’ Ofsted 2014
The Dearne Advanced Learning Centre is a learning community where great things are really happening! Ofsted confirm our high expectations, our ambition and our drive for our students’ success. We serve the communities of Goldthorpe, Bolton upon Dearne and Thurnscoe in Barnsley and although we are set in beautiful countryside we are within easy access, via the M1, M62 and A1 of Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and surrounding areas.
This is a time of great innovation and forward thinking at The Dearne ALC. We celebrated our best ever GCSE results in 2016 and significantly improved overall majority of key performance indicators. The pupils, staff and governors are all making rapid progress towards providing an outstanding provision for our community and to achieve this we are rapidly accelerating student outcomes and we continue to grow our talented staff team. To aid this, we are currently seeking to appoint an inspiring and creative HLTA English to join our hardworking and committed staff team.
The English & Communications staff are enthusiastic advocates of learning for all and students enjoy their lessons and engage positively with their learning as a consequence. As our new HLTA English we will nurture, support and challenge you in your career. By working closely with the Head of Faculty and other leaders across the department we will encourage you to develop your skills.
You will be:
· An inspiring and outstanding professional who is looking for their first or continued responsibility at this level.
· Experience of providing support within a secondary school
· Able to motivate and inspire colleagues and students to achieve their full potential · Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice and raising aspirations
We can offer:
· A senior leadership team that will encourage you to be creative, forward thinking and play an active part in our school improvement
· Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
· Committed teams of staff at all levels
In joining The Dearne ALC you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people that we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 9am on Wednesday 26 April. Interviews will take place week commencing 01 May. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
As safer recruiters an enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.