The children, staff and Governors of Woodlands Primary School are looking to appoint a creative, imaginative and enthusiastic practitioner who will have the strengths and flexibility to work as a higher level class teaching assistant. We would welcome applications from experienced TA’s who would wish to do the HLTA training.
The post will involve providing social, emotional, educational and welfare support to our children.
The successful applicant will have:
• good Literacy and Numeracy skills
• the ability to work alongside the Class Teacher and a small team of Teaching Assistants.
• high expectations and the ability to motivate pupils
• a calm personality, patience and good sense of humour
• level 3/HLTA qualification
• good knowledge, understanding and experience of the curriculum and Development Matters
• motivation and work well as part of a team
• a caring and calm attitude
• good communication skills
• capability to work under own initiative and respond to the needs of pupils on own initiative
• be flexible
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
• a school that welcomes ideas for development and innovation
• happy and hardworking children
• a vibrant school curriculum
• a school with a caring and supportive ethos where everyone is valued
• a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team
• a commitment to your personal professional development
Hours of work: 5 days per week - 8.50 – 15.20
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Midday Tues 1st October 2019
Application Forms attached
Please enclose a covering letter with any application.
Interview date: TBC
Commencement date: ASAP
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please make an appointment by contacting our School Admin Officer, Jacky Williams, to arrange a mutually convenient time. Please contact the school office on 01722 335849 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Additional information about our school can be found on our website www.woodlands.wilts.sch.uk.
Woodlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before is confirmed.