We are looking for an inspiring and talented Primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work closely with the class teachers at Harris Primary Academy Kent House. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
Harris Primary Academy Kent House opened in September 2013 on the site of the former Royston Primary School in Penge. It is a very exciting time to be joining our flourishing team. At Harris Primary Academy Kent House we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. We believe that when children are as young as they are in Primary School, happiness is key to success.
What we are looking for:
At HPAKH we will have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We will expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they need for the future.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Complement teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils and school policies and strategies;
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources;
- Supervise whole classes occasionally during the short term absences of teachers;
- Provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes;
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners;
- Provide support for their welfare and support the inclusion of our pupils in all aspects of academy life.
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
At Kent House you would be working as part of a supportive team. In addition to the benefits outlined, we offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation. We would also offer:
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all our children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to applying.
For a confidential discussion about this post with the Head of Academy, or to arrange a visit, please call 020 8402 7178.
Closing Date: Thursday 16 November 2017
Interviews: W/C Monday 20 November 2017
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.