Smart Teachers is seeking a dynamic and committed HLTA / Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join a thriving SEN department in a welcoming secondary school. Staff employed here typically thrive on the school’s strong leadership team and supportive ethos as well as their confident and outgoing classes of children. A permanent contract could be offered to the successful HLTA / Higher Level Teaching Assistant and the role will commence late October 2017.
About the Role
· HLTA / Higher Level Teaching Assistant
· To work alongside a team of motivational teachers and support staff within the SEN department
· Plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans
· Support pupils with special educational needs
· Hourly rate from £15.93 (dependent on experience)
· A permanent contract could be offered
About the School
· Graded ‘Good’ in its most recent Ofsted inspections
· Highly encouraging staff with a small turn over
· All classrooms are fully resourced and equipped with the latest resources and IT facilities
· Set around a large play area and fantastic facilities with aesthetically pleasing communal areas
· Passionate and consistent staff
· Very supportive parents
In order to be considered for this role, the HLTA / Higher Level Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· HLTA Status
· NQF Level 2 in Numeracy and Literacy (or equivalent)
· Good Knowledge of SEN code of practice and disabilities legislations
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SZH33345.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.