Alternative flexible working options will be considered for the right candidate
Who we are
Chalfont Valley Academy is set in beautiful Buckinghamshire Grounds and is a few minutes from the Metropolitan Line with excellent links to and from London. Our children are eager to learn and we are passionate about both high quality learning experiences and the pastoral care of our children. We are an aspirational team and we benefit from the strong support of a regional team, including collaboration with our sister primary school in Denham Green. 31% of the children at Chalfont Valley have SEND.
Our aims and values
At Chalfont Valley, we aim for the following:
- All children have inspiring life experiences.
- All children are effective communicators.
- All children make a positive contribution to the community.
Our values are:
- Thinking big
- Doing the right thing
- Showing strong team spirit
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a dynamic HLTA who is willing to go the extra mile to help us meet our aims and promote our values. You’ll provide support for children, the teachers and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils. You will be required to provide small group, one to one and general support across KS1 and KS2 where required.
You’ll have a caring, understanding nature and strong maths and English, including experience in teaching phonics. You’ll have experience of a range of special educational needs and embody the mantra of warm yet strict so that you can provide the necessary nurture as well insist on high standards of behaviour and outcomes.
Why work for us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team at the heart of the local community.
- E-ACT is committed to CPD and we invest in our people through our professional learning programme, delivered in partnership with leading training providers including Teaching Leaders (now Ambition Schools Leadership). We also offer our teaching staff three additional CPD days on top of the statutory allowance, to follow an individualised development plan.
- We are a leader in the education sector for our outstanding benefits including a generous maternity policy, and provide opportunities for flexible working.
Who is E-ACT?
- E-ACT is about improving schools. We do this through a relentless focus on building strong teaching and learning, inspiring curricula, effective standard operating procedures and embedding a culture based on our values of thinking big, doing the right thing and showing team spirit.
- The E-ACT team includes over 2,000 employees based across 24 academy teams, six regional teams and one national team.
Applicants should read the supporting documentation before returning the application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like any further information or a tour of the academy please contact the School Office. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21 March 2018.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.