Tenure: Fixed-term; Two Terms (Autumn and Spring 2018/19) Part-time - days and hours negotiable for the right candidate. Typical daily hours: 13.00 – 18.00, plus fixtures as required
Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resources and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
To deliver high quality Hockey coaching to a range of different ages, ensuring the continued development of Hockey at the School.
Surbiton High School is a lively, energetic, independent girl’s day school in Surbiton, West London. The School competes annually at a Borough, County, Regional and National level. Numerous girls represent at county and regional level through the support offered by our programme. The Hockey Programme aims to deliver an environment where pupils can foster a lifelong love of Hockey
You will have participated or coached at a high level and have experience in coaching young people. The role will demand excellent planning, time management, communication and administrative skills, and an ability to work within a strong team environment. This role will require confidence and creativity in managing a large squad of varying abilities in changeable conditions, for training as well as at events.
- Coaching Hockey across a range of groups, from beginners to senior and scholars
- Running teams within the programme
- Developing individuals by catering to their needs
- Feeding back to students on selection and development
- Acting as a coach and offering general support prior, during and after events
- Assisting with general day to day running of the Hockey Programme and associated equipment
- Checking the safety of all equipment and facilities before use
- Awareness and adherence to risk assessments and health and safety guidelines
- Reporting on, and monitoring specific groups when required
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- A Hockey Coaching qualification would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ability to coach players at a national level
- The ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic School and successful Hockey programme
- Experience of operating professionally and safely within a sporting environment
- Good communication, organizational, administrative and ICT skills
- Experience of hockey coaching in an educational setting would be preferable
- A proven track record of demonstrable training and coaching success
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues
- Up-to-date knowledge of hockey technique, strength and conditioning
- A passion for hockey and coaching
- Confidence and creativity in managing squads of varying abilities
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- A team player with leadership qualities
- A strong work ethic and a flexible attitude
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1262464?cid=1567
Closing date: 8:00am, Monday 4 June 2018
Interviews to be held on week commencing: 11 June 2018
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.