We are currently recruiting for dedicated and professional Tutors and Home Tutors in Peterborough and the surrounding Cambridgeshire areas. If you are passionate about making a real difference to children’s school performance, Vision for Education want to hear from you today.
The main subjects that are in high demand include English, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Spanish, French and German. Lessons often take place in students’ homes, community centres and local libraries so you will need to be comfortable travelling to them. The students you will be supporting will include those who are looking for an extra boost in a chosen subject area, students struggling with a specific subject and young people seeking help for specific examinations (such as GCSEs, A-Levels, SAT and Entrance Exams). You will need to have the ability to teach in an engaging manner and build a rapport with the students you’re supporting.
Length of lessons vary but typically involve being 1-2 hours long.
· A formally recognised teaching qualification, such as PGCE and/or PTLLS is desirable, but we also accept applicants with strong academic qualifications and tutoring experience.
· You will need to have a Degree and strong subject knowledge.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371. Alternatively, please submit your application.