Do you have a passion for working outdoors and supporting young people with severe learning difficulties and autism to develop their skills in horticulture?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to teach horticulture skills to adult learners at Brentwood College. Horticulture is an integral part of our curriculum. We have wonderful outdoor space including raised beds, a poly tunnel and outdoor classrooms with lots of opportunities for further development.
To be successful in the role you will need to have a vision for delivering a horticulture curriculum in college, be able to share the vision and make it happen!
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Development of a plan for the delivery of horticulture in Brentwood College
• Co-ordinating and delivering horticulture throughout college;
• Planning, assessing and recording student progress
• Assessing and moderating students’ work to ASDAN criteria.
• Pro-actively developing links with external organisations that can offer work experience opportunities for our students
• Sharing skills and expertise with other staff at Brentwood.
We are seeking a tutor with:
• A background/experience within horticulture or gardening alongside experience of working with young adults with severe learning difficulties and Autism
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work as part of a highly effective team.