CATS College offers an outstanding international pre-university educational experience to students aged 14+ from all over the world. CATS students live and work at the custom built Cambridge campus, studying for GCSEs, A levels and University Foundation Programmes, and preparing for admission to universities across the country and elsewhere. CSVPA students study in buildings in the heart of the City of Cambridge on courses ranges from Pre-Foundation to Masters Levels.
We pride ourselves on our approach to teaching and learning, with small class sizes and an informal atmosphere ensuring that students are treated as individuals and build great relationships with staff.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
You will be the senior member of boarding staff within the shift in your house, committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of our International boarding students. You will assist them in their daily lives and act as first point of contact for boarding matters in your house when on duty.
- Wake every student in the morning for breakfast and morning registration and inspect student bedrooms, filling in appropriate paperwork.
- Monitor the students’ welfare and behaviour and report any problems in the residence to the Head of Welfare & Boarding and report more serious problems to the Vice Principal.
- Ensure a quiet College environment during prep time conductive to study (Elizabeth House only).
- Report student illness promptly to the Health centre in the mornings.
- If emergency attention is required, to use the emergency number or call an ambulance.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Boarding House generally in accordance to the student handbook to maintain a friendly, welcoming and happy environment.
- At weekends, help the domestic team with maintaining general cleanliness and tidiness in the Boarding House.
- Report any maintenance issues through the College system.
- Assist with laundry requirements of the students
- Issue keys/cards as each Boarding House requires
- Ensure a visible presence in the Boarding House at all times when on duty
- Ensure curfew times are kept; filling in associated paperwork as requested and reporting issues of lateness.
- Help with student arrivals, student induction and departures when required.
- Attend boarding meetings .
- Attend College boarding and welfare training days.
- During the period of Summer School, undertake supervision of activities and assist with trips as directed by the Boarding Duty Manager.
- The ability to work with, care for and supervise young people.
- High levels of energy, an even temper and a sense of humour.
- Willingness to reprimand and/or report students who are not adhering to the College rules
- The ability to relate to young people.
- The ability and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours.
- The ability to work as a team member and lead by example, to be proactive, flexible and reliable.
- A full understanding of current child protection procedures.
To review full job description and to apply, please visit Cambridge Education Group (CEG) website http://www.cambridgeeducationgroup.com/careers/vacancies.htm
ABOUT CEG Cambridge Education Group (CEG). CEG is a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide programmes including A Level, IB and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to a growing number of international students seeking to win places at UK universities.