We are seeking a passionate and inspirational House Tutor to join the summer school at leading, international boarding school Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The successful candidate will work closely with both academic and co-curricular departments to ensure pastoral care is delivered on a high standard. The ability to instruct a sports or co-curricular activity is an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A teaching qualification or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of pastoral or teaching experience
• Extensive experience of delivering pastoral care to students of mixed age groups
• Experience with 1:1 tutoring as well as mentoring
We are particularly looking for:
• A dynamic and professional individual
• A team player
• A commitment to delivering high quality support
• An individual willing and capable to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
• Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
• Support our whole-school ethos in which the raising of pupils' aspirations and attainment is central to your work on a day-to-day basis.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "House Tutor Summer School" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 25th May 2018. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.