An opportunity has arisen for a motivated Housekeeping Assistant to join the House Services Team at The Children’s Trust following an exciting period of change in the department. The Children’s Trust is the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury, providing expert rehabilitation, education, therapy and care at our national specialist centre in Tadworth, and to children and their families across the UK via our community services.
You will join a growing Facilities Team where you will ensure a high level of housekeeping and cleanliness is maintained in all areas and infection control procedures are adhered to at all times.
Scope of job:
- Daily cleaning of the communal areas for all departments and houses.
- To clean and defrost the refrigerators on a weekly basis.
- To clean food tins from daily food trolleys.
- To empty, clean and reline bins and place bags of rubbish for collection.
- To replenish supplies of toilet paper, soaps and paper towels.
- To report any repairs required to fabric, furniture, fittings, fixtures or equipment.
- To take responsibility for stock levels of cleaning products and consumables and ensure they are safely stored in accordance with COSHH legislation.
- GCSE English (grade C or above) or equivalent - Desirable
- NVQ Level 2 in Housekeeping Services (or willingness to work towards)
- Previous experience within a Housekeeping or Cleaning role
- Experience in the Healthcare sector is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a large and diverse organisation.
- Experience of working to CQC requirements and commitment to achieving high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ability to move and use domestic and industrial type cleaning equipment (polishers, vacuum cleaners etc).
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to understand instructions and awareness of health and safety issues in the work place.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a supportive, energetic and busy team.
- Proactive and prepared to actively contribute to the team culture.
The Children’s Trust is fully committed to protecting children and young people. All posts at The Children's Trust are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If you are applying to The Children's Trust and are already registered with the DBS update service, this will speed up the recruitment process significantly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disabilities, and religions/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Kat Chapman, on 01737 365110
Please complete the Application form and include supporting statement
Please note uploading a CV is optional but does not replace completing the application form and if you choose only to submit a CV, your application will not be considered.