This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of a forward thinking and evolving international school as it enters the exciting new phase of opening their new campus.
In August 2017 the school began a journey toward excellence. With an aim to become recognised as a leading school across China and internationally, the school has initiated a number of strategic projects.
From August 2020 the school relocated into a new first class campus with state of the art learning spaces and boarding facilities.
Shenzhen is a dynamic and creative city of South China, set in beautiful tropical green surroundings within a futuristic and modern yet safe, family friendly city. Directly linked to Hong Kong only 45 minutes away, Shenzhen is an artistic and tech hub founded on innovation and creativity. This Pearl River Delta megalopolis is one of China’s richest cities, having grown from 30,000 inhabitants in 1980, when it was designated the first special economic zone, to a population of almost 12 million.
In 2008, Shenzhen was named a UNESCO Creative City of Design. The city continues to thrive as a leader of arts and creativity. The modern inner city is surrounded by palm-studded districts of gated communities, beautiful parks and former industrial buildings turned into contemporary art districts, cafes, restaurants, boutiques and high-ceilinged galleries.
• Support the welfare of pupils, in accordance with the requirements of the Terms and Conditions(Contract), the Staff Handbook, Boarding Handbook, school aims and policies.
• Share in the corporate responsibility for the well-being, health, safety and discipline of pupils, following procedures as detailed in the school’s Welfare and Safeguarding, Behaviour Management and Health and Safety Policies.
• To jointly ensure everyone within the Boarding Team has received an induction and is fully aware of all policies and procedures relating to Boarding.
• Assist Housemaster in the leadership and management of the day to day running of the boarding house; organise and publish cover arrangements of weekend activities; supervision and pastoral care of pupils before and after school and during weekends; undertake the care of sick pupils, providing supper and appropriate snacks and weekend meals.
• Assist the Housemaster and Head of Boarding to organise a varied and structured weekend programme for boarders including carrying out all health and safety and risk assessment.
• Liaise with school staff especially the School Nurse, Tutors, Admissions Manager and Finance Manager.
• Liaise with external agencies/partners to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all boarders is met.
• Regularly review and update documentation relating to the boarding house.
• Liaise with the Housemaster to help manage the boarding budget and shop for items as required.
• Advise the Head of Boarding, Housemaster and DSL in line with safeguarding of any issues relating to boarding pupils or matters requiring attention within boarding.
• Work as a valued member of the school team promoting a positive environment.
• Attend briefings, staff meetings/parental consultations/school events as required.
• Promote the good work of the school in the wider community.
• Participate in professional development and performance review procedures.
• Market and promote the Sherfield boarding experience.
• Attend professional training as required.
• To be aware of employee responsibilities for Health and Safety of themselves and others and to work in a safe and secure manner with due care towards the health and safety of oneself, other staff and pupils.
• Every member of staff has a duty to commit to the safeguarding, happiness and welfare of all
pupils at the school.
• To participate in staff programmes for training, in particular safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Shenzhen International Foundation College
Shenzhen, Guangdong Province
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary with sixth form