We are busy, selective girls’ state secondary school based in SW London with an opportunity for an HR Administrator to join the team as soon as possible. You will be working closely with the HR Director on all aspects of HR administration, and with the Operations Director on organising cover arrangements each day.
The role incorporates:
- general HR administrative duties, including administering the starter/leaver processes, maintaining all personnel records (both electronic and manual) and ensuring that the employee database and the school’s Single Central Record are correct, properly maintained, and always up-to-date. A key element of the HR role is co-ordinating recruitment from placing the advert, co-ordinating recruitment days and undertaking all safeguarding and recruitment checks prior to appointment.
- the allocation of cover i.e. using the school database to ensure that when a teacher is absent, you allocate their lessons to another teacher or a Cover Assistant. You would line manage the Cover Assistants, utilising them either in the classroom, or to provide administrative support elsewhere within the school as and when they are not covering lessons.
- providing the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher with administrative support.
Please note, you will be required to work 36 hours per week, term time only, with a start time of 7.45am each day.
You will ideally have experience of working in an education environment, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, together with a positive, professional manner. The ability to deal with multiple stakeholders at any given time is essential, requiring someone to be organised, flexible and good at managing shifting priorities and tight deadlines. An exceptional eye for detail is an absolute requirement, along with the ability to keep meticulous, accurate records. A strong commitment to customer service and the ability to deal tactfully and confidently with a wide range of stakeholders is essential. Knowledge of and/or experience in working with SIMS would be an advantage, however training in systems for Cover will be provided.
In return, we offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful school with well-established HR practices
- a supportive environment where work-life balance is proactively supported
- term time working (with three additional days in the school holidays while the school operates a two week October half term).
For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
To apply, please downloadable our application form (which is also available on our website) or contact the school office for further information. Please note, CVs will NOT be accepted.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview applicants before the closing date.
Closing date: 9 AM Monday 10 December 2018.
It is anticipated interviews will be held during that week.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.