Founded in 1646, Reading Blue Coat School is a leading independent day school of 490 boys aged 11 – 16, with a further 270 students in the co-educational Sixth Form. The School is located on a beautiful 46 acre campus in the village of Sonning, just outside Reading, overlooking the river Thames.
The School employs over 160 staff and offers a stimulating, friendly and supportive atmosphere in which each pupil can realise his or her full intellectual, physical and creative potential.
We require an enthusiastic and motivated HR professional to support the HR Manager in providing a comprehensive, generalist HR service to the School, and to make an all-round contribution to the department.
This is a key role within a busy department and encompasses all aspects of HR, including front line support to managers, recruitment, employee development, employee relations, HR administration, systems, policies and procedures, as well as safeguarding compliance.
Skills and Experience required:
- Good understanding of HR practices and experience of providing generalist HR advice;
- A sound knowledge of employment law;
- CIPD Level 5 qualified preferred;
- Customer service focused;
- Process driven with meticulous attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with a strong can-do attitude;
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy;
- Previous experience in the education sector would be preferable but not essential.
Our commitment to you:
RBCS offers an exceptional working environment and an attractive rewards package. Our staff enjoy free dining facilities and use of school facilities such as Fitness Suite, swimming pool, tennis courts, etc. as well as a wide range of other excellent benefits.
Normal hours of work are from 8.30 am until 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website: www.rbcs.org.uk/vacancies or contact the Human Resources Manager, Tel: 0118 933 5813 email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 19 January 2018.
Interviews will be held during the week of 29 January 2018.
Applications must be submitted by email with a letter of application and including your CV or School application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced criminal records check.