North London Grammar School (NLGS) is an Outstanding school in categories (OFSTED 2018). NLGS is a modern independent grammar school situated in Hendon with state-of-the-art facilities where interactive TV Learning Boards are available in every classroom. We have small classes where individual attention and interactive activities are more achievable.
Great new opportunity for an experienced HR and Recruitment Administrator to join the HR Team here at North London Grammar School (NLGS). As a key point of contact for our staff and prospective employees, you will play an essential role in supporting the delivery of an excellent customer-focused HR service.
You will be working on a part-time basis (15 hours per week), working collaboratively with the Head Teacher. You will need to be flexible, adaptable and numerate, a good communicator, and be able to cope with the demands of a busy and varied workload. A relevant HR qualification would be an advantage, as would previous experience of working in an education environment.
This role would suit applicants with experience of working in a busy HR Department with broad recruitment experience, including recruitment checks, and with high level IT skills - including Microsoft Office applications.
- Acting as first point of contact for any HR queries by staff and management
- Facilitating the organisation of staff induction and training
- Ensuring staff are dealt with fairly and consistently under the school's procedures for discipline, grievance, absence management and capability.
- Building effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice.
- Pay administration: handling pay changes during the year, ensuring accurate recording of data on the HR Payroll shared database and timely information to line managers and the staff involved.
- Preparing appropriate contracts for the many and varied work patterns that exist at the school and reflecting changes in updated contractual paperwork.
- Dealing with HR or pay queries from staff ensuring a timely and supportive response is given.
- Keeping up to date on best HR practice and employment law developments.
- Undertaking other relevant duties as and when required to any client group. This may involve supporting during employee relations activities (disciplinary, grievance etc.), recruitment (e.g. interviewing and other selection activities) and reward (e.g. supporting the annual salary review process).
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years' admin and office experience
- CIPD Level 3 is desirable but not necessary
- Experience of using HR Systems, preferably Cascade
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Coaching / mentoring
- Strong organisational skills
- IT Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fast, accurate typing/data input
- Willingness to learn
Please send your CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Closing date: 15th of October 2019 at 12.00 pm.