Salary: £13,500 - £15,000 per annum
Hours: 36 per week, all year round
Contract: 18 months fixed-term contract
Start date: As soon as available
Closing date: 11am Monday 24th February 2020
Location: Trust Head office, Pimlico, London, with some travel to academies in London and Hertfordshire.
Future Academies is seeking to appoint a HR Apprentice to join our small and friendly HR team in London.
We are currently looking to appoint an Apprentice to support the Future Academies HR team in providing an efficient and streamlined HR service to our growing group of academies.
Specifically, in this role you will provide administrative support to members of the HR department and to undertake the administration related to activities associated with the entire employee cycle such as recruitment, induction, new joiners, performance management, training and development and leavers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to pursue a career in HR. You will gain hands-on experience of the different aspects of HR and office administration, while also gaining a useful Level 3 in Business Administration qualification to support you in your future career.
Future Academies is a multi-academy trust (MAT) and family of nine schools in London and Hertfordshire. As a MAT working predominantly with schools located in disadvantaged areas, our motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education), is always at the heart of what we do. We believe that all young people, regardless of their background or circumstances, are able to achieve, given the right support. Therefore, we are committed to providing each and every young person under our care with a broad, balanced and rigorous education, within a disciplined but caring environment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are seeking a flexible, committed and personable individual to join our HR team. To be successful in this role you will need:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• Good organisational skills
• A keenness to learn new skills and develop in your role
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• To be self-motivated, with a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
For this role we are looking for candidates who don’t already possess a degree or higher level qualification.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• The opportunity to work across a diverse partnership of schools.
• The opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
• A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• A free lunch when working from our central office in Pimlico.
• Access to a range of benefits through our employee benefit scheme, Perkbox.
• The exciting potential to have a positive impact upon the lives of children and young people across our MAT.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the support staff application form and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am Monday 24th February 2020.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks