Star Academies is a mixed Multi-Academy Trust running a diverse and rapidly expanding network of schools across the UK. Educational excellence and social mobility are at our heart. Working in particular within areas of deprivation, the Trust has many years of experience of helping children and young people to raise their aspirations and achieve outstanding results.
Three of our schools were placed amongst the top 10 schools in the country in 2018 and all of our new schools to have been inspected to date have been rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We seek to appoint a HR Business Partner to lead on employee relations within our successful HR team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and talented individual to take responsibility for Employee Relations and lead our HR advisory team across a highly successful, and rapidly expanding organisation on a national level. There will be scope to have significant impact and influence in the strategy and direction we take from the outset.
- be a CIPD graduate or hold an equivalent formal HR qualification and ideally be educated to degree level
- have extensive experience in a schools environment of providing complex generalist HR advice to Senior Leaders and working with Trade Union Representatives including projects such as HR Policy, TUPE and restructuring
- be highly resilient and able to support schools to manage change and ER effectively through Academy conversion into Star
- be an outstanding and supportive leader for the HR Advisory team.
- have in-depth expert knowledge of current HR legislation and developing HR systems and procedures
You will find an organisation that:
- is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders;
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our community; and
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional and career development.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For an informal and confidential discussion, candidates are encouraged to contact Faizal Musa, Head of Human Resources on 0330-313-9800. Applicants must complete the Trust’s application form. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: Sunday, 23 December at midnight
Interviews: Tuesday, 8 and Friday, 11 January 2019