Part Time Human Resources Director (Maternity Cover)
Location: North Oxford
Hours: c. 32 hours per week
Salary: £43,821-£46,642 FTE pa
Contract: 1 year FTC, maternity cover
We are looking to appoint a highly capable HR Director who, as part of the Trust’s central team, will play an essential role in supporting the continued development and growth of the Trust, developing and implementing policies and procedures, and supporting, informing and influencing decision makers. This is a one year fixed term, maternity cover, contract.
You must have excellent, demonstrable skills in working with a variety of stakeholders as well as experience working across a complex multi-site environment. You will be able to work autonomously at both a strategic and an operational level with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage conflicting demands. Experience of working within an Education setting, and dealing with TUPE would be desirable.
This is an exciting time for the River Learning Trust; the Trust currently consists of four secondary schools, eight primary schools and a SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) provider; we have a secondary Free School in pre-opening and are in discussions with a number of other secondary and primary schools as the Trust is preparing for further growth in the coming years.
The River Learning Trust can offer candidates exceptional opportunities for professional and personal development. We pride ourselves on supporting staff to be highly successful, recognising that success comes in a wide variety of ways, growing a culture of continual improvement where we look to provide the best possible educational experience for all our pupils.
To find out more about our schools, for further information about the post and an application form, please visit our website www.riverlearningtrust.org or to arrange an informal chat with our current HR Director, Claire Handyside, please contact the central office on 01865 558727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post, please submit to email@example.com:
- Completed application form. The section entitled Relevant Skills & Experience should be no more than two sides of A4 and demonstrate how you meet the Person Specification.
- Covering letter. This should be no more than two sides of A4 and, given the context of the job description, provide an outline as to why you have applied for this post with examples of how your career thus far has prepared you for this role. Please also outline in this document your preference in terms of hours for this role.
The closing date for applications is 19 Feb 2018
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire; the schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience through continuous improvement.
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives through evidenced based practice supporting adult and pupil learning.
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of ethnic backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our school community.