Reporting to the Head of Education Support Services, the candidate will be responsible for the provision of HR expertise encompassing all HR disciplines, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, workforce planning, organisational design and change, data analysis, and reporting.
Joining our HR team at an exciting and challenging time, you can expect to make an immediate difference and add real value. As the Leader of the HR team, they will also be responsible for the implementation of HR policies and procedures, audit compliance, implementing best practice, and ensuring KPIs are met.
Analytical with keen attention to detail, the role holder should have extensive generalist experience in managing the recruitment process, administering contractual salary and benefits. The successful applicant will be adept at producing a variety of HR reports and using those reports to inform quality decision-making in the business.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Chartered Member of the CIPD, you’ll be a self-motivated professional with a Degree or Professional HR qualification (PG Dip or equivalent) and extensive HR management experience. You’ll also possess the credibility and skills necessary to influence at all levels and build relationships quickly. The successful candidate will also have a real commitment to delivering excellence in all areas and encouraging others to do the same.
The successful candidate will possess
• A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience with extensive knowledge of the entire employee lifecycle and best practice.
• A HR professional certification and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or, Human Resources or, equivalent.
• Resilience and a drive to succeed and make a difference.
• Excellent stakeholder management and consultation skills.
• In-depth working knowledge of Qatar Labour law, desirable.
• Ability to coach and mentor others on policy application and interpretation.
• UK and GCC experience essential.
• The ability to respect and promote individual and cultural differences - the incumbent must be willing and able to work in a multi-cultural environment, open to ideas and values which may differ from those they may be accustomed to.
• The ability to move forward in a rapidly changing environment - the incumbent must be willing and able to adapt to a changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude in support of new ideas.
• A methodical and consistent approach to their priorities and workload.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful school that is building on its excellent results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy Reference Code - 'ESS-Lead HR'. Please quote reference code in the subject line while applying.
• Completed AKIS application form
• A list of at least three referees - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 September 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.