Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Benefits: generous annual leave entitlement; free use of College’s sports facilities; lunches provided term-time (on full working days); free parking; eligibility for contributory group medical insurance, death in service cover, contributory group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers
Lord Wandsworth College seeks an enthusiastic and suitably experienced individual for the post of HR Learning and Development Co-ordinator. Our ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship and e-learning.
This new role will support the development plans of the College by developing and retaining talent as well as contributing to the overall well-being and continued professional development of all staff.
- To record training on HR Management Information System (MIS), in line with the Threshold Induction Training Programme (First Day of Work) for all staff.
- You will work in a largely independent manner, organising, prioritising your work, and liaising with the wider HR team in order to ensure an effective and professional Learning and Development experience for all staff.
- You will develop buy-in from Heads of Departments and Line Managers for training and development in the management of your staff not only through the probationary period but in the Continued Professional Development (CPD) of your staff.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- BS Degree (ideally in Business Management or and HR CIPD Level 5), or equivalent professional development (desirable).
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and within diverse teams.
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate.
- A pro-active and can do professional positive approach.
Lord Wandsworth College is an ambitious and forward-thinking independent, HMC co-educational boarding and day school of around 600 pupils, aged 11-18. It enjoys a fine reputation for its very high standards, pastoral care and superb all-round education. This is embodied in our exceptionally wide and high-quality co-curricular programme alongside a passion and drive to be sector leading in Pupil Voice and Character Education. LWC is a popular school, growing significantly - despite the sector challenges – in the past decade. We aim to develop a 'can do, will do' mindset and to nurture and inspire our learners. We believe in them and go the extra mile for them.
LWC is situated in an estate of 1200 acres in a rural area of Hampshire and within the village of Long Sutton, yet only 15 minutes from Hook / Winchfield stations which are less than an hour from central London. The College was founded in the early twenties to provide an education for children who had lost one or both parents and their time was spent not only in school but also working on the farm which was, and remains, an integral part of the LWC landscape. The Lord Wandsworth Foundation still continues to support about fifty children. Our Foundationers add a stimulating dimension to the school’s make-up and the Foundation is central to the ethos of LWC.
The College had an ISI Inspection in 2017 and the report may be read at www.isi.net
LWC is in the middle of an exciting development programme, involving the investment of well over £20 million in outstanding facilities through a transformational campus masterplan focused clearly on teaching and learning. The whole school is equipped to enable children to bring their own devices and our virtual learning environment is growing in use. Most important, though, is the quality of our staff, and their professional development is hugely important to us. We hope everyone finds us warm, welcoming, open and really focused on working hard to do the very best we can for all the pupils in our care.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th November 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 26th November 2018
Any enquiries should be addressed to the HR Advisor, Julia Pateman via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. Lord Wandsworth College is a registered charity (Number: 1143359) providing outstanding caring education for boys and girls since 1912.