Full Time – 52 weeks
37 Hours per Week, Salary Scale Point: 33-39
£30,807 - £36,286 (dependent on experience)
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with a proven background in Human Resources to join our supportive and successful team.
You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be able to communicate with all members of the academy, building constructive working relationships.
The successful candidate will be qualified to at least CIPD Level 5, self-motivated, able to multi-task and will have thorough knowledge of employment law. You will have a proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines under pressure and maintaining accurate records that are highly confidential.
Main responsibilities will include:
• To ensure all academy HR policies & procedures are updated and in line with any legislation changes including Employment Law and Safeguarding
• To be responsible for academy recruitment procedures
• To manage the administration of the academy HR function
• To guide, coach and support line managers with HR queries
• To monitor and evaluate CPD across the academy.
• To monitor sickness absence (absence calls, conducting return to work interviews, reports and meetings).
• To oversee the academy cover allocation (training will be provided).
The Bishop of Winchester Academy is an oversubscribed and thriving Church of England School, recognised by Ofsted as ‘Improving the life chances of all its pupils’ (May 2017). There are exciting opportunities to join our motivated and ambitious team driven by the mantra of ‘High Expectations – No Excuses’.
We are proud of our unique Christian ethos and links with the local church communities. We welcome applications from prospective new staff prepared to share in the experience of school improvement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Please be aware that due to the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ legislation we do not accept CV’s.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit The Academy. For an application pack please email Sarah Hatton, at firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your covering letter to Mr Paul McKeown, Principal.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 24th February 2020