Notre Dame School is seeking a HR Manager who will be responsible for the operation and development of the HR/Personnel function, providing pro-active efficient, effective functional HR/ personnel advice and support to the Heads, Bursar and Line Managers of the School. The person will be responsible for ensuring compliance in terms of safer recruitment and other relevant legislation and monitoring developments in the field.
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
• Associate of CIPD and/or significant current experience at high level. The post holder will be expected to assume full responsibility for both the efficient day to day functioning of the HR function as well as developing the role further.
• Ideally hold a CWDC Certificate in Safer Recruitment in Education
• Sound knowledge of Word for Windows and Knowledge of Excel and SIMS
• A minimum of 3 years generalist HR experience
• Working independently as a HR professional in busy environment
• Working within the education sector.
• Able to work to tight deadlines, managing and prioritising time effectively.
• Self-starter, with and ability to work independently & use own initiative to overcome obstacles.
• Knowledge and experience of Safer recruitment legislation
• Basic knowledge of office Health and Safety
• Able to deal with complaints/enquires in a positive manner.
• Able to work effectively within a complex, very busy organisation.
• High level of oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organisational skills, enthusiasm and tenacious
• Able to work as part of a team and contribute towards its success.
• Diplomatic skills and confidentiality