Previously known as the Bexley Business Academy, Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3-18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. It is a needy and disadvantaged area where students deserve the life chances that a transformational school can provide. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic HR Manager (maternity cover) to join our team.
What we are looking for:
- A flexible and adaptable person, with a CIPD qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a school
- A team player who can work with a variety of different people inside and outside the academy, with excellent communication skills and sensitivity in difficult or complex situations
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, supported by strong ICT skills
- The ability to prioritise and set personal targets, using your own initiative and working without supervision where required
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
Our aim is to accelerate the path of the academy to becoming outstanding, so that pupils have the best possible education. Like Harris Garrard Academy, many of our academies joined the Federation having been placed into Special Measures. All are now providing a 'Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ education for students according to Ofsted.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you:
- Exceptional professional development opportunities;
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference;
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others;
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
For more information, please contact the Harris careers team on 0208 253 7777.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies whereTerms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.