Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, term time only plus 2 weeks (41 weeks total).
About the role:
A new vacancy has arisen for the post of HR Officer to join our existing team at John Smeaton Academy. This role will be the first point of contact for staff in relation to HR matters at the academy. The post-holder will be expected to provide advice and guidance to employees regarding policy and best practice. This role will work closely with the academy Business Manager and will receive line management support from the HR Manager for the Yorkshire cluster.
Main duties will include:
- Being the first point of contact for all HR enquiries.
- Providing HR guidance to line managers and staff.
- Managing the recruitment process.
- Administering the academy Absence management policy and escalating cases as appropriate.
- Ensuring the HR protocol incorporates the academy safeguarding policy of all safer recruitment checks.
- To assist line managers in ensuring all probationary period meetings of new staff are carried out appropriately.
- Support the administration of the monthly payroll.
What we would like from you;
- To have effective communication skills.
- To have the ability to manage your own workload.
- At least two years’ experience in a HR role would be beneficial with either the CIPD or Part CIPD qualification.
- To have experience in managing case work and supporting management in hearings.
- To be approachable and have excellent people skills.
Please see the job description and person specification for further information.
About the School:
- An 11-18, United Learning academy.
- 883 students inclusive of VI form.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
John Smeaton Academy is part of united Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
Please apply online by clicking here
Closing Date: Friday 22 March 2019
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.