Do you want to join a team that provides outstanding leadership, strategic direction and support to some of the best schools in the country? Do you want to play your part in delivering outstanding learning and teaching to young people in disadvantaged communities? If so, joining the Star team might just be the best career move you ever make.
About Star Central
Star Central, which is based at our head office in Blackburn, Lancashire, provides leadership, strategic direction and support to Star Academies, Star Institute and our schools.
The Star Central team includes experts from a range of professional backgrounds, who work together to provide an outstanding support service to the Star community. We support our schools to provide educational and operational excellence and to cultivate a strong Star community, with the aim of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
Who we're looking for
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who thrives on innovation to help customer focused outcomes within a highly successful and rapidly expanding national organisation. We are looking to appoint a HR Support Assistant who will be responsible for:
- Placing job adverts on the application tracking system and numerous job boards, within the agreed service level agreement.
- Updating and maintaining the HR and Application Tracking System (iTrent and Jobtrain).
- Producing and distributing high quality contractual documentation across the Trust, within the agreed service level agreement.
- Responding to a high volume of questions and queries from across the Trust relating to HR systems, contractual documentation and job adverts.
- Producing, reviewing and distributing management information.
You will have:
- 5 A* - C's at GCSE including English and Maths or relevant experience at Level 3, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within a HR administration role or similar.
- Experience of working with HR / MI information systems.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders and the HR team.
- Ability to manage, prioritise and respond to a high volumes of queries and requests for HR administration / systems advice in a calm and organised manner.
About Star Academies
Star Academies is a high-performing multi-academy trust that runs more than 25 primary and secondary schools. We are a values-based organisation that works to improve the life chances of young people in areas of social and economic deprivation to help them succeed at the highest levels of education, employment and the professions. Every single day you’ll be rewarded with the opportunity to shape a young person’s future - our STAR values embody what we believe is needed to succeed.
Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we continually invest in our employees through our learning and development centre, Star Institute. With a wealth of training, mentoring and progression opportunities across a growing group of academies, joining our team of leading education experts could propel your career to the next level.
We can also offer you a range of rewards and benefits, including competitive salaries and pension schemes, generous holiday entitlements and healthcare cash plans.
Find out more
Please download the job description and person specification below for further information about the role. For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact Star Central by calling 0330 313 9800.
We will shortlist as soon as possible after the closing date and will be in contact with shortlisted candidates to make arrangements for assessment. We will determine on a job by job basis the most suitable method for assessment in light of the current situation.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at midnight
Interview Date: Friday, 30 April 2021
Proposed Start Date: May 2021
To apply for this vacancy please use the 'Apply for job' link below. You should ensure your application form and supporting statement address all elements of the person specification. We will only consider candidates who meet the vast majority of the essential criteria outlined in the person specification.
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding, safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of pupils. Our comprehensive recruitment and selection processes aim to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants. Successful candidates are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks.
We are equally committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to providing equality and fairness in our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Blackburn with Darwen
- English secondary schools
Nurturing Today’s Young People I Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders
At Star, it is our mission to create outstanding schools that deliver the very best education to young people. We run a growing network of primary and secondary schools, with c...