We are looking for a self motivated and resourceful HR Advisor to work within a small pro-active team. Experience working in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking and delivering to deadlines is crucial to the role. The post holder must have experience of researching information to ensure accurate advice is given.
Excellent organisation skills, the ability to use own initiative and working as part of a team are key to the success of the role. Experience of working in a changing environment where tasks change on a daily basis would be a distinct advantage.
This is a varied role ideally suited to applicants with a background in Human Resources, preferably, although not essentially, in the education sector. The post-holder will be working with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as well as a flexible approach to the role.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across all departments regarding recruitment, induction, employee relations, training and professional development, the ability prioritise effectively will be integral to the role.
You should hold or be working towards CIPD qualifications.
Experience of working in a generalist environment in either the private or public sector is essential.
You will possess an excellent level of ICT competence including experience of using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook, with an ability to use and adapt to different HR systems including improving HR databases; experience of building reports and extracting information.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance on employment matters in line with Stonyhurst policy.
- Implement any legislation changes in a sensitive and just manner.
- Facilitate and assist with the smooth running of the recruitment process from start to finish, ensuring compliance and clear communication throughout.
- Deliver the full range of induction and on-board processes.
- Ensure policies remain up to date with legislative changes and best practice.
- Stay abreast of changes in employment legislation.
- Assist and respond to HR systems queries.
- Be conversant with absence management processes.
- Processing of HR related aspects of iSAMS or other campus management information systems.
- Work closely with and support the Payroll Officer with processing changes, setting up new employees and regular monthly activity.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of bite size training, production of personal development plans and training needs analysis for all areas.
- Respect the confidential and sensitive nature that falls within the remit of the role.
- Produce and analyse regular and ad hoc reports.
- Prepare documentation in relation to all aspects of the employment life cycle.
- Maintain manual and electronic employment records.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7th June at 12noon.
Interviews will be held as soon as practicable after the closing date.
All staff share responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the pupils and must adhere to, and comply with, the School’s Child Protection Policy at all times.
The appointment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years