Human Resources Officer
Required for June/July 2018
Do you want to work in one of the top non-selective schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
36 hours per week Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 4.45pm; Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
Term Time plus four weeks
Salary Point: PO2, 35 – 38 (£32,628 - £35,268) pro rata
We are seeking to appoint a Human Resources Officer to facilitate all matters relating to Human Resources within the School. Reporting directly to the Headteacher and the Personnel Committee of the Governing Body, the individual will be the focal point for first line guidance and support and will need to manage the effective operation of Human Resources service for the School, being flexible in their approach to this highly interesting and varied role.
- Either have a recognised professional qualification in Human Resources, eg Charted Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of employment law and its practical application in the workplace.
- Proven ability to deliver a HR service with a high degree of autonomy and confidentiality.
- Be fully computer literate.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Be able to communicate accurately and effectively, both verbally and in writing (composing letters with fluency), adapting style to suit a variety of audiences.
- Act with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Opportunity for a detailed handover.
If shortlisted, candidates will be required to undertake an activity. Candidates successful in this will be brought forward to interview.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 27th April 2018
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 30th April 2018
Reference No: AHR 17-410
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.” OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.” Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,385 students with 320 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.