To support our Secondary School team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring Humanities Teacher with quantification in Business Studies / Economics and ideally an additional subject such as Geography, History or Ethics.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the bestinternational and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An internationalteam of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
• Support and promote the school and the IB mission statements.
• Ensure the Humanities lesson is organized, stimulating and attractive.
• Opportunities are made to promote intercultural understanding.
• Encourage students to continue their learning independently and spark enthusiasm and love for learning by modelling this themselves.
• Opportunities are made for pupils to develop skills in teamwork and collaborative learning.
• Students’ success and next steps are communicated to them and their parents effectively.
• Maintain co-operative, supportive professional relationships with the entire school community.
• Teaching shows good understanding and use of the school’s written curriculum and policies.
• Complete planning punctually according to the school guidelines.
• Students’ progress is continuously assessed using a variety of methods.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of progress which can communicate success and development to students, parents and colleagues.
• A committed, experienced and well-qualified Humanities teacher, who is seeking an opportunity to extend their expertise and who is interested in working in a high quality teaching environment.
• A Bachelors or Master´s degree in Education with an official teaching certification in Business Studies / Economics for Secondary Education.
• At least three years teaching experience, ideally in an IB school.
• English native level speaker fluency.
• A minimum two-year commitment to this position.
WE OFFER a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction. Our open- door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counseling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration. Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days”. We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send their full application documents including the CV with a passport size photo, copies of all relevant diplomas and certificates and at least three referees. Please send your application to Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal.
PLEASE APPLY HERE
Attn: Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal
Learn more about us: www.metropolitanschool.com
Get to know your future team!