An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Humanities Teacher to teach integrated Humanities/Social Studies courses to the age range of 10-14 at ACS Hillingdon International School. This is a full-time position, starting in August 2019.
ACS Hillingdon currently has an enrolment of 570 students, aged 4-18, and 150 staff, from 50 countries. We work on a beautiful, green campus, with a mixture of historical grandeur and state of the art technology, including a new Science centre. Our curriculum is based on international standards in different subject areas, preparing students to take demanding courses in their final two years at our school, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma and US Advanced Placement courses.
We seek teachers who love their subject and who can support, inspire, motivate and stretch our students.
The essential qualifications, skills and experience for this role include:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent as a minimum in the relevant subject
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Experience teaching Humanities/Social Studies to students aged 10-14 years old
- Understanding of and commitment to the Mission, Aims and Values of ACS International Schools
- Commitment to excellence in education
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, allied with outstanding interpersonal skills
- A collaborative approach to team working
- A reflective and analytical thinker
- An entrepreneurial problem-solver
- Positive personality, with the ability to judge the appropriate balance of support and challenge that individual young people need in order to thrive
- The ability to integrate technology to support teaching and learning
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Some experience of teaching a recognised international curriculum would be an advantage
ACS International Schools
Founded in 1967 to serve the needs of global and local families, we educate 3,700 students, aged 2 to 18, from more than 100 countries. Our schools are non-sectarian and co-educational.
At ACS we offer everyone the chance to feel part of something big. As a group of leading international schools, our dedication to student success is matched only by our professional desire to attract, retain and develop staff of the highest standard.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, and the opportunity to work with leading international educators in a stimulating professional environment with outstanding facilities and opportunities.
How to find out more
If you would like to be a part of our world, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.acs-schools.com/hillingdon#1 for further information.
To apply, please visit www.acs-schools.com and complete our online application form.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this advert early, therefore please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.