JOB TITLE: Humanities Teacher
LOCATION: DSLV E-ACT Academy
REPORTING TO: Head of Department
CONTRACT: Maternity Cover Only from January 17
E-ACT is about improving schools. We do this through a relentless focus on building strong teaching and learning, inspiring curricula, effective standard operating procedures and embedding a culture based on our values of thinking big, doing the right thing and showing team spirit. The E-ACT team includes over 2,000 employees based across 24 academy teams, six regional teams and one national team.
About our Academy
DSLV was formed from three schools (an Infant, Junior and Secondary) in February 2011 and became an all-through academy in April 2012. We currently have over 1100 students on role, with children coming from across the Daventry area and surrounding villages. We expect all our children to be the best they can be and know that this will only happen if they feel happy and supported in our academy. At DSLV we use the words ‘nurture, aspire, achieve’ as an important part of our identity and have a well-deserved reputation for inclusion and a focus on achievement and progress.
In February, OFSTED rated our school GOOD in all areas. Inspectors reported that ‘Pupils conduct themselves well, both in lessons and around the school site. They have positive attitudes to learning.’ They also said ‘There are strong relationships between teachers and pupils, and between pupils, that enable pupils to learn well.’
We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to ensure the children and young people at our school reach their full potential and go on to be successful young adults, not only academically, but socially and emotionally too. Our task is not always easy but the team we have here all play a vital role in the success of the school. Are you ready to embrace a challenge and really make a difference?
About the role
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher, as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school's policies, under the direction of the head teacher & head of department
· Our ideal candidate
· An outstanding and dynamic Humanities Teacher, who is motivated and excited by change, and has the desire to further develop our Academy
· A person with highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to lead by example in all aspects of Academy life.
· Has high expectations of achievement and outstanding classroom practice
· Has an excellent understanding of how to use assessment information to plan and deliver learning that ensures all children make good progress
· Excellent understanding of how to enthuse and engage children so that they are excited by learning and by school, to achieve high standards
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in improving outcomes for children and ability to work with others
· Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
Why work for us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team at the heart of the local community. We are committed to development through E-ACT’s professional learning programme. We are a leader in the education sector for our outstanding benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website and complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form and email to daventryregionhr@E-ACT.org.uk.
Your application should outline how you meet the qualification and experience elements of the Person Specification.
The closing date for applications is midday on 24th November 2017
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.