Permanent, full time, to start end of August 2018
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Main or upper pay range
Our secondary Humanities team is extremely high performing and with an ambition to develop our capacity even further, to provide system leadership and supporting other schools in the East Midlands. We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic qualified teachers to help us achieve this. If you have passion and talent for Humanities and want to work hard to instil this in others, then you will fit right into our friendly team.
Joining our Humanities team you will be a fantastic teaching practitioner with responsibility for teaching Humanities at secondary level (to GCSE) and achieving high quality learning across all year groups.
How does our curriculum work?
- as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray
- regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational curriculum
- all students study Humanities to GCSE and the vast majority will study a language over their 5 secondary years
- in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
- we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our Trust)
- we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, through sport, performance and outdoor and adventurous activities
Working with us will give you:
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing life chances for children
- an environment with moral purpose at its heart
- an opportunity to indulge in a passion for your subject and for teaching
- autonomy to focus on subject mastery
- a climate that takes seriously the wellbeing of it’s very much valued teaching team
- a comprehensive wellbeing package of benefits
- a sensible approach to teacher workload
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
- opportunities to extend your reach and impact into primary settings
- opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
- 1:1 support in strategic career planning
- a culture that takes work life balance extremely seriously
- a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you’re capable of
- wonderful students
- high aspirations for all stakeholders
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for these roles, visit our website at www.mowbrayeducation.org or get in touch to arrange a visit or to have an informal chat.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.