With 32 academies in areas of social and economic deprivation, the Greenwood Academies Trust is a powerful force for change. We want to give every child the chance to succeed, whatever the obstacles, and we’re committed to innovation and best practice in everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity to help adjust our direction in response to the changing learning environment within our academies.
Joining us, you will:
- support the IT Director with the Trust strategic IT development plan;
- work with staff across the Trust to review and build a portfolio of applications to meet future curriculum needs in all Key Stages and subject areas;
- support academies through the change process as technical improvements are launched;
- create and deliver a professional development programme to raise the knowledge and understanding of core IT skills throughout the Trust;
- support academy staff in the adoption of new applications so that these can be embedded within the curriculum to support teaching and learning;
- work with and support Academy Senior Leadership Teams with curriculum planning and delivery across all Key Stages;
- influence the operational planning and review cycle within the IT Support management team;
- provide the Chief Executive and Trust Board with relevant documentation, as required.
To be successful, you will have:
- a proven track record of outstanding leadership, gained at a Head of Department or equivalent level;
- significant experience of monitoring and raising academy standards; motivating, developing, supporting and challenging staff to sustain improvements;
- experience and understanding of management of human and financial resources;
- enthusiasm for teaching improvement and staff development;
- access to a vehicle in order to facilitate travel across our regions.
When joining GAT you can be assured that you will be joining an organisation that is committed to improving the outcomes for its pupils, despite their background or starting points. GAT employees also receive bespoke CPD offerings from the Learning Alliance, opportunity for career progression, generous holiday allowance and access to a competitive pension scheme. Continuous service will be honoured for those moving from local authorities.
For further information, please visit: http://www.greenwoodacademies.org/cen/011
Closing date: Midnight on 25th February 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate check. Therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.